24 Hours of Daytona - 20th January 2018 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
24-daytona-18.png

Greetings RSR Members!

The first iRacing endurance race for 2018 is almost upon us, the 24 Hours of Daytona! This storied race will be held on 20th January with RSR attending in force. A massive 4 cars and 15 of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a gruelling real-time 24hr race.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans including Puffpirat and Mr Beas both returning to Car #96 after a long break. Ramiboo will be leading Car #66 together with long-time RSR members Bassetts, Pamellaaa and Corbs. The plucky underdogs of Car #33 will test their stamina, with the globetrotting trio of Battenberg, Alex du Plessis, and 1185323118 taking on the 24 a man down. And finally grobi0815, Vernux and C. Tscharf are joining Car #69 for the very first time and making their debut in the RSR iRacing endurance fraternity.

A very special thank you to Dutchtastic for creating the livery for this event! We are very thankful for your hard work :)

RevolutionSimRacing [#33] - Ferrari 488 GTE: Battenberg, 1185323118, Alex du Plessis
RevolutionSimRacing [#66] - Ferrari 488 GTE: Pamellaaa, Corbs, Bassetts, ramiboo
RevolutionSimRacing [#69] - Ferrari 488 GTE: grobi0815, Vernux, Soulah, C. Tscharf, Yorkie_065
RevolutionSimRacing [#96] - Ferrari 488 GTE: t0daY, Dutchtastic, Puffpirat, Mr Beas

This will be the first time I've done an endurance race with just 3 drivers in the car, and I'm well aware this isn't going to be a picnic. To add to that, I've just injured my shoulder 2 days before the race, so this event will really test my endurance. Thankfully, the car is an absolute peach, and is a pleasure to drive around Daytona. I'm teaming up with Alex and Jerry for the first time too, so I'm looking forward to working with them in our globe trotting lineup, and hoping we can give our split something to worry about!
2nd 24H race (DNFed last time), 2nd time with Alex, 1st time with Tom. This time with more experience in iRacing, hope I can catch team's average :D
Here we are again and on the Calendar this time is Daytona 24HR which will be my second. This time round I will be in a new team car #33. This year round I would like to replicate what we achieved last year only difference with a car that is not as banged up as the AMG of last year. I think the most important thing I want to achieve is to be consistent. Again we are 3 drivers although it should have been 4 but due to unforeseen circumstances Kman is unable to take part (have to blame Manu for being so long in RSA, Kman has had to take another actual holiday).:) The team are pretty experienced to be able to tackle the mammoth task ahead and if we are able to keep it together we will finish. Now all we have to do is wait for the car to be finished don't know what Dutch is doing to the rear, maybe putting potatoes up the exhaust or something else never know with Dutch, maybe he is doing something fishy there so watch out guys. What I do know these are gorgeous looking beasts. To all taking part I wish you all the best of luck and let us keep the RSR flag flying high.
Looking forward to another Daytona 24. The driver lineup in Car #66 is more prepared this year than ever before. I feel that I'm up to speed and setting good pace and I'm really looking forward to the challenge. The rest of the car is filled with good experience in iRacing. We're not going to be in the top split but with our pace, we should be one of the favourites in the split we end up. As always in the 24-hour races, it's about quick and careful driving. Let's hope I can replicate our success from last year and we get another win on the board for RSR.
Well as 2017 has come and gone we embark on a new chapter, returning to the place where for many of us the endurance journey began.

It's going to be hard to beat the consistency of finishes we had from 2017, but going into the weekend I feel a level of preparedness that we have not had as a team before.
Everyone in the team has been tireless practising for the upcoming weekend and I think this gives us the strongest opportunity to date.

As always we will need some luck to carry us through but we have some seasoned endurance racers with us that will give us the best opportunity of putting in a strong challenge.
After my first attempt at a 24 hour race ended before the half way point I am hoping for better this time around. I feel that the team has got plenty of experience, the car is feeling great and we have all put in the laps.

With the time we have put in and with a bit of luck on our side we should be in for a strong result in whichever split we end up in.
Eager and raring to kick off the first race of the Endurance season after the success last year at Daytona. It's a great track that is very enjoyable to drive and race on with a number of key and challenging sections.
This year, I'm teaming up with guys who I've not ever raced with before, and a number of them experiencing their first 24H race. It's been fun helping the guys over the last couple of weeks, and I can't wait to get in the car with them and help guide them through the 24 Hours to make it the best experience possible. We just need to keep our noses clean, run our pace, and we should be in for a good result come the end of the race!
First endurance race of 2018 and the second endurance race ever for me. I'm teaming up with a couple of really nice people I've met through Project CARS. We've been practicing on and off for the last 2-3 weeks and I'm sure it will be a blast. Main target is finishing the race and having fun during the race. A good result would of course also be nice
Got iRacing 2-3 months ago. It is my first 24h race ever. I am excited but also a little bit scared. Streaming the race adds even more pressure :D

The goal is to survive :p
This is my first 24h race and I have to say that I start to get a little bit nervous and of course pretty excited.
I'm very happy that I have so many good, competitive and friendly drivers in my team. We had so much fun over the last 2 weeks. My pace is ok and I think it is not so far away from my teammates.
For the race, well I hope that we will survive. It will be the first 24 hrs for three of us. The main goal for me is learn, have fun and survive! And of course get a good result for RSR!!!

Thx to everyone who helped us to get to this point!
A return to the race where it started for me in endurance races on iRacing. Different teammates, different car but the same track and teammentality to finish the 24 hours of Daytona whilst having fun. What more can you ask for?
Fresh season, it is time for some endurance racing! I have a lovely team consisting of very fast drivers but still, the fun is in the foreground. We got an overall strong and promising pace. Will be interesting to see where we will stand compared to our sister cars which will be most likely on our split :)

I wish all RSR teams the best of luck for the first 24-hour race of 2018.

Maximum Attack!
The first endurance race of the season is always super exciting. I have great team mates around me I know I can trust.
Now it’s up to me to make the best of the little practice time I have left to not let them down.
If we nail a clean, trouble free race we should be in for a great result!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck fellas! :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone, will try and catch the stream later

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best of luck!!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just popped in to wish you all good luck, we're all counting on you

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
*Race update*

After 1 hour of racing, car #96 is sitting in P3. Our sister car #66 sits directly in front of us in P2. Gap to P1 is roughly 3 seconds.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Standings after just over 2 hours, first double stints done
upload_2018-1-20_15-53-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-20_15-52-17.png
    upload_2018-1-20_15-52-17.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 499

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well done guys! keep up the good work, We are all supporting you!

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Quarter distance update Still P1 & P2. Gap shrunk and briefly changed lead after a t1 spin but switched back during the stops
upload_2018-1-20_19-50-56.png

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacing forums are meme'ing it up

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you so far for the awesome support guys, you are the best! <3

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For some reason chat in @t0daY 's stream isn't working for me any more, so good luck for the night stint guys.

Phos4us

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm running in the same lobby with the Green #33 with Team Can AM VRL Blue #17 AMG.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm running in the same lobby with the Green #33 with Team Can AM VRL Blue #17 AMG.
Didn't know you were there XD
I'll say hello next time I come by

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Current mood

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
I feel really sorry for you guys. You had a pretty good race till then.
And don't beat yourself up too much. Shit happens...

Users who are viewing this thread