24 Hours of Daytona - 18th January 2020 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
d24-banner.PNG

Hello @Members!

The first iRacing endurance race for 2020 is almost upon us, the 24 Hours of Daytona! This storied race will be held on 18th January with RSR attending in force. A massive 8 cars and 29 of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a gruelling real-time 24hr race.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans, including @fab. ICEMAN and @Vernux both returning to Team Blue to chase their own success after the 6 Hours of Oulton Park. @Raigore, @t0daY and @Puffpirat will be our lonely GT3 warriors trying to tackle this race as a 3-man team.

@Alex Salmon will be leading Team Red together with long-time RSR members @Blue Monkey, @UnstopaPaul and @Stokemon. The plucky underdogs of Team White will test their stamina, with the globetrotting trio of @Darksi, @Jamesl91, @Shepard taking on the 24 hours.

And finally, @CatchAGlimpse, @Exited, @Jeff[NL] and @Morvic are joining Team Black for the very first time and making their debut in the RSR iRacing endurance fraternity.

RevolutionSimRacing Red - Ferrari 488 GTE: @Blue Monkey, @Alex Salmon, @UnstopaPaul, @Stokemon
Looking gladly forward driving with RSR in the 24h of Daytona :) Together we will have a lot of fun :)
-
I'm excited to be back for my second 24 hours of Daytona with Revolution. I've unfinished business with the road course after my spectacular crash in T1 during last year's race.

There is a good team spirit developing already. It's great to once more be racing with my long time Radgie Gadgies team mate, @Stokemon and with two other strong drivers in @Blue Monkey and @Alex Salmon, the team is shaping up well. There's a generally good buzz of preparation across the RSR camp, it's definitely up a notch this year. There is still some testing yet to go of course, but we've made some setup breakthroughs I think. I'm already eager to see how the Fezza performs on the 18th.
Team Radgie Gadgies has gained 2 members. One from the great Switzerland and one from a tiny (French :p) Island. No one can argue against our diversity in the workplace policy!

In all seriousness I'm expecting a big challenge. After a year and a half dedicated to rFactor2 its been a big change moving to iRacing for myself. Hopefully I won't be two slow for my speedy teammates... See you all at the end of the race! :D
RevolutionSimRacing Blue - Ferrari 488 GTE: @fab. ICEMAN, @Vernux, @PiGuy
After my very first endurance debut last year I'm exited to come back to Daytona! This time in the GTE, but with a very strong driver line up together with @Vernux and @PiGuy. Our preparations are running very well and we cannot wait to rock this race with our beloved Fezza machine!
Last year didnt went so well, but hopefully this gonna go better this year. I'm happy to do this event with @fab. ICEMAN and @PiGuy . Its gonna be a hard to cover 24h with 3 drivers but hopefully we can manage it.
bwoah
RevolutionSimRacing Green - Audi R8 GT3: @t0daY, @Raigore, @Puffpirat
Coming Soon...
Back to where it all started, my first 24h race, pretty much my first proper race on iRacing in general. One year and a bunch of endurance races later I kinda know what I'm doing. We had some great finishes last year: P3 at Daytona, P2 at LeMans, P2 at Spa. Next step would obviously be a win now!

This year I'm driving with @Puffpirat and @t0daY. We did alot of testing and setup fiddling so far and the pace in the test events leading up to the 24h was really really good. All three of us are quite close on pace and in the testraces we were able to keep up with some of the top teams like Redline/PRT. In the split we will end up in we might be able to battle for the lead, so I'm confident to say:

I'm in it to win it!
Going into my 57th endurance event I'm looking at the pure horror of sharing the car with the absolute iRacing noobs @t0daY and @Raigore. My chiropractor says I have a spinal injury from carrying the team for so long.

XD jokes aside, this year we’ll be in the slowest class again, after having done the DP last year, which will pose a different challenge! It’s kind of a back to the roots thing, our first Daytona was in the McLaren.

We seem to have good pace, if we can keep it clean and somewhat penalty free, I’m pretty sure we can challenge for a podium, bring it on!
RevolutionSimRacing Yellow - Ferrari 488 GTE: @FlyingKman, @Rargon, @Imthecrabby
-
-
This will be my 6th year running the Daytona 24 with the guys from RSR and has become a pretty great way to start each year!

I am again late to the party due to other commitments and I was close to not being able to make it this year, but I have managed to find some time and well... here we are.

So far I haven't had the chance to speak properly with my team mates and it makes me feel like a gentleman driver, but I am sure we will have time to bond before the start of the race.

I love the car (488) and the circuit and I hope and have great confidence that we can keep it out of the wall and across the finish line like it is brand new!

I also look forward to see how competitive we get between each car ;)
RevolutionSimRacing Orange - Ferrari 488 GTE: @Ben Watkinson, @javoresku, @Jonno, @David Siska
Back for my 3rd 24hr race hoping to finish higher than last years 21st place, with lemons DNF think the team sure hope we will finish should be a good race !
I am back to Daytona for my 4th 24hour race. After picking a lot of damage and having to retire the car at Le Mans, the team have switched to the Ferrari 488 GTE. I am still getting used to driving a turbocharged car, but I will be ready to give 101% come race day. My goal will be to improve on last year's 21st place.
This will be my third 24 hour race with @Ben Watkinso. Last year we had similar pace, this year he seems to be a bit faster than me. The new additions to the team @Jonno and @David Siska are even better on pace.
Good luck to all drivers, and keep it between the barriers!
Well not being a complete noob to endurance racing this is my 1st 24h race and 1st one on iracing. Really looking forward to it and hope the team can make it to the end. Id like to aim for at least a top 10 finish we have a very good team aslong as we can all hold it together for the 24 hours and im sure we will. myself and the others have made every effort to get as much seat time in the car as we possibly can. Im confident in myself and my team mate we will do well when it comes to the roar of the 24...
I can't wait to do a long endurance race again. Last year we couldn't finish neither in Daytona nor in Sebring. We had bad luck with traffic.
We had a lot of practice for this year's race and the team mates are really dedicated, so I'm sure we can do better this year.
My broken brake pedal almost ended my chance to race, but thanks to my good friend we managed to repair it. I feel the downtime from practice, so I work hard to get enough experience.
The most important goal is to finish the race, but if we'll get a top 10 or even a podium finish I'll be very happy.
RevolutionSimRacing Pink - BMW M8 GTE: @grobi0815, @ramdrop, @Cornworld
Here we go again.
My 3rd Daytona and 10th overall 24 hour race.
I have seen everything in the last two years. Ups and downs, crashes and podium finishes.
So I'm really glad that I can do it with two fantastic drivers and for me very close community members @ramdrop and @Cornworld. Only thing missing is @Rexxody. Too bad that he'll miss this one.
And my goal for this one? Of course winning my first 24h race ;)
Motto for the race: Win or Die!
Daytona 2020 marks my 14th special event in iRacing. Upon the back of success in 2019 by winning a special event and finishing second in two, I am looking to take things up a notch this year and am determined to start this season strong. This is my 3rd visit to Daytona and despite not having the best runs in the previous 2 ventures, I'm hoping that the third will be the charm.

It's staggering how many teams and drivers are taking part in this event, even more so, I'm also quite excited to be in the sole BMW team.

This time there has been much more communication in setup, testing and general feedback so by putting everything into the pot, hopefully we can turn out a great result. Obviously I'm not doing this by myself and have the accompaniment of @grobi0815 and @Cornworld. We all have our own goals and together we can make sure that we can each individually reach them.
I think this will be my 4th 24hrs, second one on Daytona and I am really looking forward to it. A big part of that is that I have a team with two amazing people @ramdrop and @grobi0815 with who I also drive the VRS endurance leaque. We work hard practicing and setting the car up, give feedback and help each other in getting better on track. For myself I can't thank them enough for taking me on the team as they did. What I hope is that we can all reach our potential and drive the best we possibly can. The result then will be what is is.

Also I'm really proud to see so much RSR teams participating this year, esspecially the team spirit within the teams and how everybody is willing to help out other members. This shows that its not only about driving but also being part of this community.

I wish everybody a hell of a race and lots of fun.
RevolutionSimRacing White - Ferrari 488 GTE: @Darksi, @Jamesl91, @Shepard
No comment.
@Team White - With many years endurance racing under our belts we look forward to the challenge of Daytona with its Unique Bus-stop chicane and banking it is sure to be one hell of a ride, with some of the team new to iracing it will be an exciting challenge. We might not be the quickest but will definitely put up a strong fight with the aim of coming out on top but most importantly enjoying the challenge that awaits. With preparations well under way the excitement is building. Its fantastic to see so many strong teams taking part.

@Personal - This time last year i decided i wanted to take on the challenge of Daytona. With several years of endurance racing in rFactor2, I will take the knowledge and experiences into iracing, I am a iracing rookie but looking to get stuck in, have fun and get the best result possible. Its great to see so many talented drivers racing at Dayton, with endurance racing taking an ever greater role within RSR.
My first 24h race and the excitement is building up. But I am also scared at the same time as the doubt of not being fast enough and doing major mistakes is also creeping in my mind. T1 & the bus stop is what we all are afraid of, I guess.
I started with iRacing a couple of weeks ago only, so I am lacking a lot of experience with regard to different track conditions during a 24h cycle.
Running in the VEC in parallel doesn't help either as the cars feel totally different from sim to sim, but i am really looking forward to it, having some of the most experienced and consistent team mates.
Daytona, here we come #bottomsplit :D
RevolutionSimRacing Black - Ferrari 488 GTE: @CatchAGlimpse, @Exited, @Jeff[NL], @Morvic
Can't wait to take part in my first 24 hour race (and my first official iRacing event!). The transition between Project Cars 2 and iRacing has been tough but after successful test practice and race sessions, excitement is overflowing for the main event. My personal aim to just to finish my stints with minimal incidents and to give the team the best hope in achieving the maximum result. Hoping Team Black can bring home a good result for the RSR community.
As iRacing and 24h newbie I actually just want to take a really big and deep breath of that endurance racing thrill and enjoy the whole race!
We are a team consisting completely of 24h newbies so there is a lot to learn for us. But despite that we took a lot of effort to get the Ferrari where we want it to be setupwise and all of my team mates prepared them very well. We are all quite fast and consistent, participated in a lot of competitive leagues so I think there is a good chance to finish the race and score a decent result!

I think I'm a quite fast driver, but often I'm lacking the consistency to score more top results. So I take this 24h race also as a personal challenge to get out of my comfort zone, increase my consistency, decrease the errors and start on a better level into this sim racing season!
Just started with iRacing around oct/nov 2019. Have done 1, 3h endurance yet so there is no experience yet for really long endurance races.

I started iRacing because i wanted better competition in online lobbys and offcourse do endurance races because i am not the fastest but i can most of the time get pretty consistant lap times for a long period and i noticed thats a skill to.

Great to have so many active members here on RSR in the iRacing club !
Great to have teammembers @Exited @Morvic and @CatchAGlimpse really looking forward to this mission.

Goal this 24h: Actually simply survive, manage to end the 24h as a team without added penaltys and damage. Try to get the best result as a endurance noobie by finishing the race with a deep breath ,almost heartattack :dead: and a big :D
I guess this is my first 24 hour endurance, also first one after 1,5 years of not doing iRacing. I'm quite confident ahead of it though - we have a really strong team with experienced, quick and consistent drivers, and I'm sure we'll be fighting for a good result. I'm grateful that I got the opportunity to race with RSR this year, and as for myself, I'll make sure to give my 100%, as I always have.
Can't wait for race week!

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All the best guys!!!! Will watch the streams this weekend from my hotel room in Gent!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cockpit interior. Ted Striker is in the Captain's chair, Elaine the stewardess is in the co-pilot seat. Dr Rumack enters:

"I just came in to wish you all good luck ... we're all counting on you"

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cockpit interior. Ted Striker is in the Captain's chair, Elaine the stewardess is in the co-pilot seat. Dr Rumack enters:

"I just came in to wish you all good luck ... we're all counting on you"
I wonder how many get the reference hahahha...

Ohhh boy here we go guys ready for some highs lows and alot of swearing lol its D24...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Post automatically merged:

My prediction for some lobbys start.

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Good luck to all the teams today.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
quick update from orange....

both white an orange had a nice clean start unfortunately orange spun at bus stop no damage but dropped us to last. now up to p30 and climbing..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update from Team Green:

Currently sitting in a draft train on P8. So far no incidents!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
update... team orange have climbed to p17...and pushing on p16,15

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Team Black: First stop tires changed. Maybe not the right choice... Started p3 , Pit . dropped to p12 now p14 due to some connection issues but car is ok.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg mate has that thing you done gone all messed up.????

Users who are viewing this thread