22th Sep 2016 - Grand Touring Cup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
2016-09-22.png

Rematch Time!

Open to: Orange
& Green
Badged Members

Classes: GT3
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Gentlemen's Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop between lap 17 and lap 23
Banned Cars: Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, BMW M3 GT (E92) and Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE

Date: Thursday, 22nd September 2016
Event start: 18:00 UTC+0
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualifying: 20 minutes
Laps: 1+39

Ingame Date: 22nd September 2016
Ingame Time: 16:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Overcast -> Overcast -> Light Rain
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker with 50mph / 80kph. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It will probably be a Z4 cup race :rolleyes:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I was considering the Z4 but seems so this is a rematch, I really want to throw caution to the wind and try a car I've never driven or very rarely drive. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure what I should pick. Bentley is laughing at me :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I was actually leaning towards to Caddy too either that or the Audi, been too long since I drove that. Maybe even the newer of the Mercs too. I drove the Bentley last time Manu and it was really strong. Felt nice and planted over all the bumps due to it's weight.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
It'd be great to see a good mix of cars. Gt3 is one of my faverourite categories. I always go for the porsche as I feel safest using that but like Battenberg, I think I will go for something different this time too.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going in the new Mercedes-AMG GT3. Alread had enough races with the Z4 and don't really enjoy most of the other GT3 cars. The AMG GT3 is quite cool even being easly 1 sec slower than the Z4.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Why not just set up a booth and livestream the race at the school's open evening Battenberg? I'm sure you could pretend it has some educational benefit for the kids. :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why not just set up a booth and livestream the race at the school's open evening Battenberg? I'm sure you could pretend it has some educational benefit for the kids. :p

I am all for it! :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be out for the upcoming GT3 races, far too much time and effort to learn and setup those cars just to have a crash fest.

I'd have a solid AMG GT3 setup I can offer. And practicing Brands (laser scanned track) is never a waste. Brands GP was for a long time my weak point, not really know why. Practicing is never a bad thing and I had quite some fun with the AMG GT3 on that track :cool:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Just did quite a few hours of practice (including a full length dry run race) and it looks like I'll be driving the Audi R8 this time round, been so long since I drove it so looking forward to it and feeling really comfortable with the car. I'm getting 1:24s in the dry so far.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I like it RUF!
;)o_O;)o_O

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im going with British sophistication and a stiff upper lip...(i said lip dont get funny lol) one shall be driving an Aston martin why because im a good guy and only good guys drive Astons lol besides theres no jag or id of been in that lol

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes please Miagi!
I've had a bash at doing a setup with that car and I've got it more to my liking but far from perfect I'm sure. Would be great to have something done properly to compare it to.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok turns out going British is a bad idea lol so im going German instead feels a lot more stable in the BMW than the Aston lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread