18th Sep 2016 - Mount Panorama Vintage Revival (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey i thought as long as the host has the dlc others can use that car you can do this on the xbox and iv been in lobbys on pc were i dont have the car but been able to use it..
This only works if the lobby is forced to a single car unfortunately.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This only works if the lobby is forced to a single car unfortunately.
Ahh right i did t k ow that tbh lol best thing of a 4th car to add to the list lol..

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok guys.
In the wet the difference between the BENZ and the FORD is about 5 seconds in favour of the BENZ.
I think one of the reasons is also the default setup (excess fuel on the Ford).

@t0daY has been busting my balls that I have to buy the DLC, which I will definetely do if I'm the only one without tonight :p
Otherwise, ofcourse more people gonna have the same probs.

Anybody got some times on the wet in the bmw with default?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was at most petting them :D :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok i dont have the dlc either could we not swap the 2002 bmw for the 91 m3 e30..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok i dont have the dlc either could we not swap the 2002 bmw for the 91 m3 e30..

Swapping the car couple hours before the event is not possible, sorry.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That bmw is in old vs new car pack yes.????

Ahh i have it lol i was looking in the wrong bit for it lol

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Personally I would prefer the event to go ahead with the original format. The order is clear Merc, Ford, BMW in either weather condition. Note with the default setup the BMW is 30 km/h slower on the straights than the others, so I think about 2.43 will be the fastest possible in dry.

There would be no point in choosing the BMW if it were not mandatory and I'm not keen on forcing the BMW in the wet, takes the fun out of the strategy plus it's pretty horrible on the default setup in the wet.

Even with reverse grids and any first lap moments the lap time difference between the cars is such that it should still be Merc, Ford, BMW. The straight line speed also goes that way so there is no way of defending in a slower car. That's not a problem though as it means that mid-pack racing will be crucial, how many slower drivers in faster cars can you keep ahead of... That is what real club motorsport is often like, you race your part of the grid and have great fun doing it.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
What a good race! I had a lot of fun. Although it messed up my 2nd race it was awesome to see a car flipping in the air and landing on top of me. :eek:

Thanks to all that raced it was awesome!

Husqvarman

Community Member
Reaction score
My worst night so far...
I don't know if it's because of bad luck or no but for each races, a different driver behind me hit my back and push me out of the track.

Please be careful in reverse grid, the driver ahead of you is probably slower than you and keep in mind he can brake earlier than expected in order to avoid the contact with an other driver in front of him.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pcars fail....

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
First race and third race were a lot of fun, second race not so much. I got hit off the track multiple times, and while it wasn't intentional or even necessarily the person that hit me's fault, it's still frustrating. Oh well, that just meant that I got to start 3rd in the last race in the Merc. :)

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I had a lot more fun than I was expecting given that I am normally awful in both classic cars and at Bathurst. A puncture early in race 1 prevented a good finish (not that it was going to be good anyway to be fair given that I used the BMW) but it did set me up for a good position in race 2. Starting 3rd I had a reasonably clean race after the start and finished second. Race 3 I started at the back and fought through to 8th or 9th I think from memory. I will get my videos up ASAP.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Overall nice racing guys. A little bit unlucky tonight with P17, P10 and P1 but who cares (the rankings are not there yet :D). Congratulations to Battenberg and Laiders for winning race 1 and race 2 :)

Here is my pov of the race:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
My worst night so far...
I don't know if it's because of bad luck or no but for each races, a different driver behind me hit my back and push me out of the track.

Please be careful in reverse grid, the driver ahead of you is probably slower than you and keep in mind he can brake earlier than expected in order to avoid the contact with an other driver in front of him.
Hello,
sorry I was two of them, in the first race it happened on the start because I disconnected :( . In the 2nd race thou...
You might want to read this:
Overtaking & Lapping

You may overtake opponents either to their left or right, on the straight or through a corner. The following types of manoeuvres, however, are strictly prohibited:

More than one change of direction to defend a position
Forcing a driver to exceed the track limits
Any other abnormal change of direction

Although not essential when overtaking, we encourage you to make your opponents aware of your position via TeamSpeak.
I saw you often before the braking point moving off race line and kinda blocking looking like you are going to cover. But that just before braking or even while braking you moved back over onto the race line. That could be a reason why it happen so often to you...

I had some nice wheel to wheel with Mr. Beans in the 2nd race, really nice racing there!

Here is the recording of the last race
3:17 - Iceman collects Col
5:17 - FlyingKman suddenly goes flying :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a blast tonight, all 3 cars had their own charm. Of course pole and the win in race 1 was nice, but races 2 & 3 were much more fun. I loved the feeling of being on the edge in the BMW in the wet, even at slow speeds; and the Ford for hustling the Mercs over the top the mountain like a hooligan. Once the 1st lap mayhem subsided, the racing itself was great, especially with @SillySausage (can't wait for the videos!). Thanks to @Husqvarman, notreally & @NemethR as well for some good fights. Thanks as well to @SirHunterOne for giving me space up the mountain in race 3 :)

Despite the race 1 win, I don't think I'll be gaining much (if anything) in the rankings. I finished in something like 11th in race 2, and 19th in race 3 after damaging my car too much trying to be heroic. So I guess all 1 & 3 will cancel each other out, with race 2 being near enough exactly middle of the pack.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is the recording of the 2nd race.
Please note Position swap of my and BlueMonkey in the results.

3:05 - Green as me and Battenberg are on the apex of the last corner. Getting a gap to the guys in front. What helped me keep out of the first corner accident, unlike Battenberg :p
4:34 - Accident up the hill. The situation was called early enough for at least the 5 car in front of me. I slow down before the crest because I expect a "yellow flag" situation while some of the 5 in front of me can barely evade in the last second and few of them get involved in the accident. And thanks to that I overtake 3 of them.
6:00 - Husqvarman sways round on the track.
6:20 - Husqvarman moves to the middle of the tack but not far enough to not block race line and overtaking line at the same time.
6:50 - First a brief wheel to wheel with Nooonotreally than close battle with Husqvar
8:59 - Husqvarman moves off race line, I plan to stay on race line and go for the outside like as he seems to cover. So I brake a bit later. After you started braking you move back half onto the race line and I can't avoid the hit.
9:47 - Nooonotreally & Dave getting it on... to the wall
11:25 - Mr Beans was quick on the straight. Some wheel to wheel from than on, all very well done.
15:45 - today and Mr.Beans in the fight
16:50 - todays wall thing.
17:05 - All of a sudden BlueMonkey appearers out of nowhere. He overtakes me on the straight, I out brake him into The Chase. He goes off track. comes back on track, I have to avoid his car. And than he thinks that he can out brake the light BMW with that Mercedes into last corner :eek:
17:45 - Other cars keep coming so I can't turn around, so I finish the race in reveres. What an achievement...

Husqvarman

Community Member
Reaction score
@miagi
Thanks for your explanation.
I can understand your point. I use to change my line just before the braking point when they're is a slower car in front of me. So my goal is to prevent any contact with the guy in front of me while braking. But you're right, this is also defensive because nobody will pass me on the braking even if I brake ealier.
In my mind, this is more a preventive move than a defensive one and I do this (I hope) only when there is a slower car in front of me but I will take a look at videos and work this point.

Edit : Nice, there's a video. As I said I just want to avoid the car in front of me.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Updated the second post with all the results! If somebody got the fastest laptimes of race 3, feel free to pm me with the screenshot. Somehow I forgot to do them, stupid me :(

NemethR

Community Member
Reaction score
I am a bit confused now, what forum we should use, but, well, I'll just post it in both then :D

So, in the 1st race 2scoops and Me finished in the opposite order, then what the results showed.
So I was 4th, 2scoops 5th.

He beat be on the last lap, with a cool move, just to hit the wall later, and loose enough speed, that I was able to pass him.
Then in the last corner i got a bit sideways, and the finish was tight.

Also, i very much enjoyed the event, it is a nice little change from the usual. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread