rFactor 2 12hrs Sebring - 29th September 2018 | 11AM UTC | p1-simracing.net (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
LMP3 team consists at the moment on the list of me.... allthough I changed to the GTE team where I have already start testing the car.
The problem is that I don't know who is the 3rd guy for the LMP3 (@t0daY do you???)

Wait wait, u changed to the GTE? Where and how?

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
As I can't compete in this race I notified a month ago my team about this and asked whether they were fine with @Col_McCoy replacing me. They were fine with that and what I understand he was joining in to replace me, @Jamesl91 was in the conversation.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I can't compete in this race I notified a month ago my team about this and asked whether they were fine with @Col_McCoy replacing me. They were fine with that and what I understand he was joining in to replace me, @Jamesl91 was in the conversation.

The LMP3 team needs to be informed aswell? Please do not just change teams without notify me and @Jamesl91. I was, at least here, heavily involved into the sign up stuff.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
The LMP3 team needs to be informed aswell? Please do not just change teams without notify me and @Jamesl91. I was, at least here, heavily involved into the sign up stuff.
I believe this was even before he was in a LMP3 team, I did not know until recently that he was placed in one.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think that has been the problem, we (or I at least) missed the moment where I was put into the LMP3 team. Since at the time this came up, I was without a team to my knowledge I ofcourse agreed to nighttigers proposal.

As I have already told The Hunter in private message, if it's necessary to keep a team alive, I can go to LMP3, but since I'll be missing 4 hours of the race later during the day, I need to be in a team with 3 drivers IMO. And if GoDATP is willing to join than we can keep the LMP3 team alive anyway without me! Anyway we need at least 1 driver extra besides the ones that have signed up for now to drive the LMP3 I think

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Im down to race LMP3, although I dont exactly understand the point of the class I'm fine with it.

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well we had one lmp3 in test race and it came first but it didnt manage to lap the whole gt field in 90 minutes:D

But other than that softs seems to be a way to go on porsche had 75 wear on front right and 78 on rear left and it felt good until a bad lock up on overtake in lap 26. Fuel tank lasted for 59:30 minutes and went for 29 laps with 1 lap reserve. On race pace high 2.00 seemed like a decent pace but of course with faster guys fastest laps were low 1.58 so In a actual race 1.59s on non traffic laps could be a good target

I think my setup was decent and it only struggled with curbs and especially in turn 15 having to take it super easy when tire wear started to kick in but that should be easy fix. Anyways i uploaded that setup into resources page and i try to improve it over next week.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Ugh, you're probably going to have to take my name off. Despite my enthusiasm I can't get the rotation to work properly with my G29 among a bunch of other issues along with that I have a ways to go for Rd Atlanta on the 6th. I'll keep trying, but take my name off for now to keep things clean.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ugh, you're probably going to have to take my name off. Despite my enthusiasm I can't get the rotation to work properly with my G29 among a bunch of other issues along with that I have a ways to go for Rd Atlanta on the 6th. I'll keep trying, but take my name off for now to keep things clean.

I can possibly help with the G29 in sharing my settings and help. I also have a G29

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll take that offer one day Darksi.. allthough I was pretty happy with the standard G29 setting so far, beside from finding out I was driving around with 50% clutch engaged and I couldn't get up to speed :p. But thats fixed now

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll take that offer one day Darksi.. allthough I was pretty happy with the standard G29 setting so far, beside from finding out I was driving around with 50% clutch engaged and I couldn't get up to speed :p. But thats fixed now
Correct me if I’m wrong @Darksi but are you not talking about Rf2 specific settings and extended buttons required?

avxstudio

Community Member
Reaction score
If you guys did any line-up changes please contact me today,so I can update the car liveries!

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok for gte guys here is a setup update on setups i have been working with @Alex Salmon

Setup 1 for dry and wet conditions : https://revolutionsimracing.com/resources/porsche-911-gt-lm-sebring-wet-dry.143/updates

This setup is softer and pretty easy to drive on wet when you move rear wing to p5 (takes 25s during pitstop so like 5s longer than only taking fuel) and up the traction and move brake bias. On dry it starts to slide on high speed corners but very easy to drive.
Setup needs couple tweaks to fast damper settings and ride height. Needs to be checked if it can be improved on the wet

Setup 2 for only dry https://revolutionsimracing.com/resources/porsche-911-gt-lm-sebring-dry.146/

Its 0.5 seconds faster on dry but undrivable on wet track. Car feels a lot bumpier and harder.
Setup needs improved handling and trying to get rid off the understeer also needs dampers, camber and ride height optimizing.

For both setups keep in mind that soft tires are almost on the limit during end of the stint so dont over drive them and avoid lock ups and also try to keep sliding at minimum. If @Alex Salmon has something to add or correct feel free to add notes

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Alex Salmon do you mind coaching me round this lap a bit at some point later this week? I'm stuck at low 2:00 laps would love to know where you're finding the extra speed.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
@Alex Salmon do you mind coaching me round this lap a bit at some point later this week? I'm stuck at low 2:00 laps would love to know where you're finding the extra speed.
Yeah sure, would also be good to get the rest of the GTE drivers on to get us all working together, Im free most evenings so yeah when is best for everyone?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is a good idea. I am up for this. Need to get to understand this track.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
from wednesday onewards i should be fine doing practice whenever the others have time, i will try to schedule my iRacing stuff around that so i am available for the sessions together

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Alex Salmon I'm around from tomorrow onwards. Thank you for agreeing. It'll be good to get us all on together :)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
gonna do some practice tonight starting around 1830 UTC/2030 CEST if somebody wants to join

Users who are viewing this thread