rFactor 2 12h Spa - 9th September 2017 | 10:45 UTC | p1-simracing.net (1 Viewer)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I took the Porsche out last night on default setup and it felt quite stable, with a bit of work I think we can get it even more balanced, I will be on tonight to do some more laps in the other cars aswell to see how they handle. But at moment I would. E very happy with the Porsche.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i will be also on for some practice tonight, probably starting somtime between 18:30 to 19:00 UTC and until 21:00 to 22:00 UTC

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
That Monkey chap asked if I would drop a video of one of my laps, so here it is.

Note that this is full fuel, partly rubbered-in track (worth 2 seconds a lap), lots of missed apexes and some track extending, so shoot me! Top times are at around 2.12 for GT3 (Quali), so still lost of work to do.

Setup Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9q1yiledM0IVzNCS294Y0FURVk

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
^^ Loving the rFactor netcode, that LMP! :D

Nice lap though Mr @Tech_G

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i should maybe also try that line right through the wall into Eau Rouge, seems to work pretty well :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

So signed up both teams:

Revolution #36 - Rebellion Racing Lola B12/60 LMP1:
@FlyingKman
@The Wayfaerer
@Elodyr
@Blue Monkey (also participating in VEC Estoril)

RevolutionSimRacing #70 - Porsche 911 GT3:
@Tech_G
@Darksi
@Battenberg

What has to be done until the race:
  • Create the race setup (first do dry setup (tire wear!) and see what adjustments are needed to get it to work in wet (you can change radiator/pressures/wing during pitstop!)
  • Create the strategy - FUEL & WEAR (fuel not incl. in setup, this would be done with fuel mapping / lift & coast)
  • Determine the stints then :)
  • Practice sofar that you're consistent & clean - incl. pitstops & driver swaps
Be aware on driver swaps:
  • Do disconnect if you're not driving (except streamer)
  • Everyone has to have the same setup assigned (so it loads in for all the exact same setup, otherwise you might get a much slower setup)
  • For the person swapping in: You have to reconnect the server as spectator - don't swap back without reconnecting

Practice schedule until the race (*please at least appear here):
  • Monday 18:00 - 22:00 UTC
  • Tuesday* 18:00 - 20:00 UTC
  • Thursday* 18:00 - 22:00 UTC
  • Friday 18:00 - 22:00 UTC

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
I've just tried this out, and got to a 17.1 after 8 laps in a night session (full tank & no idea how rubbered in the track was). All I tweaked was increased the rear wing a bit, but we can change that during pitstops. The setup felt really nice, I'll be happy to go for the Porsche. :)

Awesome. I have been playing with the wing quite a bit and was even running 0 at one point, but anything between 1 to as much as 4 made very little difference to my top speed. The top guys are hitting about 280 kph at the end of the long straight, but I get to only 273 kph, so I though a lower wing was the reason, but looks like my turn 1 and Eau Rouge are just not good enough. Anyway, sector 2 is probably where we should focus on finding time, as this is the longest sector.

B

Blue Monkey

Awesome. I have been playing with the wing quite a bit and was even running 0 at one point, but anything between 1 to as much as 4 made very little difference to my top speed. The top guys are hitting about 280 kph at the end of the long straight, but I get to only 273 kph, so I though a lower wing was the reason, but looks like my turn 1 and Eau Rouge are just not good enough. Anyway, sector 2 is probably where we should focus on finding time, as this is the longest sector.
I hit 275 kph max on full fuel
One thing I noticed in LMP2 at VEC SRC, is that gear box can make a huge difference ... so they could be using a much better gearing

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just tried to go for a full fuel run but unfortunately i couldn't finish it, because after 20-25 mins into the stint, the rear becomes very unstable into slow and mid-tempo corners.
But out of my values i calculated the rest of the stint in terms of fuel
A stint on highest fuel mixture (7) takes us about 50-53 mins with a fuel use of 2.8 - 2.85 l/Lap.
To get a full hour stint we would do 2.5 l/Lap, which is imo pretty unrealistic to achieve while doing an acceptable pace

B

Blue Monkey

I just tried to go for a full fuel run but unfortunately i couldn't finish it, because after 20-25 mins into the stint, the rear becomes very unstable into slow and mid-tempo corners.
But out of my values i calculated the rest of the stint in terms of fuel
A stint on highest fuel mixture (7) takes us about 50-53 mins with a fuel use of 2.8 - 2.85 l/Lap.
To get a full hour stint we would do 2.5 l/Lap, which is imo pretty unrealistic to achieve while doing an acceptable pace
Try out Mix 7 on straights and on slower corners mix 5 or so ...

I will be on for tomorrows practice anyways so we can test together and see what we do about tire wear / instability

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i'm not sure if I am here tomorrow, but i will be surely here on Friday evening for some hours of practice

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be on tomorrow for some practice, just not sure what time yet.

B

Blue Monkey

So my fuel stint findings:
  • 56min with pitstop on max fuel but you have to save 0.3 lap of fuel to make it
  • That would mean in the end there will be 13 stints
  • I did laptimes between 1:58.9 to 2:01 low
  • With fuel saving you lose more than 0.5 sec per lap and I couldn't save enough fuel for 2 more laps (to get 1h) which means 0.5 sec x 30 laps = 15 sec x 12 stints = 3 min which is not worth it as
  • 1 pitstop incl. in and out the pits is around 1min 45sec (thx @Elodyr)
  • We must though tweak the tires to have less wheelspin as after 10 laps I had already less traction
  • After a while you will understeer more and thats why you lose 1-2 sec in Sector 2 alone while Sector 1&3 its only up to 0.3 sec each

After half the fuel I had following tire values:
  • Fronts: 80 - 84% --> iirc 62 - 71%
  • Rears: 88 - 89% --> iirc 77 - 78%

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Well a pretty successful night of testing as we manage to shave nearly 2 seconds off our previous lap-times. We have made a number of setup changes, but the biggest and strangest thing we discovered was with the engine mix. This should be set to either lean 1 or lean 2, which gives a higher top speed potential and better overall acceleration.

Still playing with the setup, but for me I am fairly happy with it now, so here it is for my team mates to see what they think.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9q1yiledM0INkdjSm9jRG50clk

We still need to find time in the middle sector.

If you want more or less wing just add it, as this can help with the stability, also feel free to play with the brake bias to suit your style, or anything else you think can help. I am still playing with the suspension generally and need to do a couple long stints to dial this in.
  • Race lap times will be between 2.12 and 2.18
  • Fuel consumption is around 3.9/lap, so a full tank should be good for 24/25 laps
  • Tire wear is not a big problem, but you will notice a drop off in grip and pace after 8 or so laps, which can make the fast corners tricky, so test this and maybe add some more wing.
  • Stint lengths should be about 1 hr including pit-stops, mistakes, slower traffic, dive bombing P2 cars, etc. So, if we manage it right we should be able to get away with 12 stints.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Blue Monkey thx for the testing and info
i will be on tonight for some practice starting between 1800 and 1900 UTC if someone is interested to join me

B

Blue Monkey

Huge thanks @GioVtec for those awesome liveries within such short time (3 days) - yes LMP1 is just an update from Suzuka, still some things got updated and it looks even more awesome now :)

2017 12h Spa by P1- #36 Livery.png

2017 12h Spa by P1- #70 Livery.png

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @GioVtec, that porsche is just wicked

Users who are viewing this thread