rFactor 2 12h Bathurst - 26th May 2018 | 11:00 UTC | p1-simracing.net (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can't tomorrow night, I'm working till 10PM, but Tuesday I'm off, so I can anytime then. GT3 is fine with me, not a huge fan of Porsches but should be fine honestly - though we don't know teams yet so we don't know cars either? Will probably need some help setting up necessary buttons and what not too. Literally first time playing rFactor 2, had to spent tonight getting it working, a lot of faffing.
no problem, might have to be another night other than Tuesday. We already have some idea who will team with who and most likely it will be the Porsche we will drive, possibly 1 Ferrari. We can go through all the buttons etc you will need, its not a problem. obviously u will need the usual buttons such as pit request, pit limiter, headlights etc. Some of the extra buttons you dont need them on your wheel but if you have a keyboard in easy reach that should be fine... all will be explained

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i can do a reserve driver as i am very unlikely to be able to participate
but i can help with setup and practice if needed

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i can do a reserve driver as i am very unlikely to be able to participate
but i can help with setup and practice if needed

Most grateful for that. Thank you

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want touring car simon but i probbly wont be racing in this one either as now no one wants to go tc....

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want touring car simon but i probbly wont be racing in this one either as now no one wants to go tc....

Dont give up hope yet, we need to identify who is wanting to race and go from there.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I prefer GT3, but I'm happy to do either honestly. I'm new to the game so it's more just about learning than being picky.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Jonno long live touring cars mate!! I'll join you if you will have me as a team mate. I am slow and prone to crash. I'll practice to keep away from the walls and keep the car on track and do the best I can

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jonno long live touring cars mate!! I'll join you if you will have me as a team mate. I am slow and prone to crash. I'll practice to keep away from the walls and keep the car on track and do the best I can
ranj you almost sold ya self there lol..... then you said you crash lol

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
ranj you almost sold ya self there lol..... then you said you crash lol
I shall do my best mate!! I shall not crash!! I'll do a cautious drive as it is endurance and let the experience in the team push!! I'ts a difficult track and am struggling with the initial down hill part. I shall practice to get that right

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What about you guys? @FlyingKman @Tech_G @w0rthy @Alex Salmon @SBart_uk

I also adjusted the OP with Provisional Teams. We should meet up at some point and talk about team size and who is driving with who.

I do prefer teams of 2, max 3. I want to be in a duo team :)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still not 100% sure if I can make it to the race, but sure TC around Bathurst is going fun. Will confirm it early May.

Also tried some GT3 cars with default setup on their server yesterday. Cars are feeling weird, 911 felt like a boat, and hops on mountain top corners; Corvette's steering felt very heavy, also both cars wobbles, instead of sliding on corner exit :thinking: Is it just how apex GT3 MOD where made or I have some settings wrong?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunatly I am going to have to withdraw from this event. Something has come up and i cant avoid or change plans. Sorry about this.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looks like I'm cleared to race on 26th. Fine with any team.
Great. We have to finalise the teams ASAP so we can focus on practising

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
any idea which touring car are we driving? might start doing a little practice

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We need to get teams sorted ASAP, livery deadline is this Friday. if your planning on driving can you please let me know here with car choice then we can sort out the teams.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Final update for the race

We have now entered 3 teams for this event

GT3 Team #114: @Jamesl91 + @steveg200 + @Stokemon - Complete Team
GT3 Team #115: @t0daY + @Battenberg - Complete Team

TCR Team #118: @Jonno + @Ranjanado + @1185323118 - Yet to finalise

P1 2hr Test race scheduled:

Date: 19th May 2018
Track: Bathurst
Qualifying:
11:00 UTC/GMT - 45min
Warm-Up: 11:50 UTC/GMT - 15min
Race Start: 12:00 UTC/GMT - 12 hours
Race Finish: 14:00 UTC/GMT
Time scale: 1x
Server time at race start: 7:00
Server time at race finish: 9:00
Weather:
Real time with 100% chance of rain

This test race is a good opportunity for teams to get some useful data on tire life, fuel consumption, practice with the other teams and to test out pit stop times including driver swaps.

I would recommend each team has atleast 2 drivers take part in this race especially those new to Rfactor in the TC. it will be a good test for the real event

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
UPDATED FROM P1

Information about Redzone, overtaking and pit exit procedures:

Redzone:

P1-Gaming Staff has set a Redzone for the 12h Bathurst race. Here you can see where the Redzone is:

Explanation:

The Redzone begins after Turn 4 and ends on the Apex of Turn 18. In the redzone Drivers are allowed to overtake with extreme care. P1-Gaming Staff advises drivers not to overtake in the redzone if the driver in front does not clearly lets you pass.
Drivers of all classes are responsible for a safe drive through the redzone. Reported collisions, weaving or other forms of blocking as well as other dangerous manouvers like divebombs in this zone will be punished harder. Respectful driving is mandatory.
If you clearly are slower than the driver behind you, you should give the driver behind some space to overtake as soon as possible. This stands also for the TRG cars.

Overtaking:

Overtakes are allowed everywhere. Even in the redzone (with extreme care).

Cars that are being overtaken by a car of the same class need to give the overtaking car space as soon as there is any overlap at the point of turn in.

Cars that are being overtaken by a car of a higher class need to give the overtaking car space as soon as there is any overlap at least 100m before the point of turn in.

We advice TRG drivers to stay on their respective racing line. If you want to let someone pass you are free to do so in a safe spot. Please be careful with line changes.

Pit exit procedures:

The pitlane ends at the traffic light. You are free to disengage the limiter at the traffic light. Drivers rejoining the racetrack must stay to the left side of the track at all times there are cars approaching from turn 1.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
UPDATED FROM P1

Due to the new European privacy laws taking effect on 25th of may P1-gaming have asked "All board members, club members and drivers have the agreement to send signed signatures to: Vorstand@P1-Gaming.de"

Download - German(translation below)

English translation

I hereby confirm that P1-Gaming e.V. and P1-Media may show and give my first and last names, "This applies to Forum, Facebook, Youtube, Teamspeak and all other platforms used by P1-Gaming e.V. and P1-Media.

Signature: First and last name

This must be complete before race day

Currently not required to race, P1 will update us further

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread