12 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps / 4 Hours of Estoril - 9th September 2017 - Start: 12:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
rF2-press-release.png

It will be our second and third endurance race of this year in rFactor 2. After the 8Hrs of Suzuka, we will hit today the 12hrs of Spa-Francorchamps (hosted by P1-Gaming) and 4hrs of Estoril (Test Race for the upcoming VEC League).

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar faces including @Blue Monkey, who will participate in both races. @FlyingKman, who is racing once again in the Lola for Car #36. @The Wayfaerer, @Elodyr, @Darksi, @Battenberg and @MelBonkers joining our endurance races for the very first time and making their debut in the RSR rFactor 2 endurance history.

12 Hours of Spa
Lola B12-60 LMP1 [#36] - @The Wayfaerer, @FlyingKman, @Elodyr, @Blue Monkey
Porsche 997 GT3R [#70] - @Battenberg, @Darksi

4 Hours of Estoril
Oreca Nissan LMP2 [#136] - @Blue Monkey @MelBonkers

Blue Monkey: "(VEC) Really looking forward to that Qualification Race, the target is to have clean and consistent race and a lot of fun. I'm happy to have Mo as my teammate this race and I think a solid finish is in it.

(P1) Spa is my favorite track and this LMP car feels so good, I really wanted to drive in that race, despite my other commitment (VEC Estoril). It is planned that I drive the end for the others and I think me, Kman, Wayfaerer and Elodyr will have a lot of fun in this event."

MelBonkers: "This is my first ever endurance race. As it's a pre-qualifying race our result determines whether we'll be racing in Division 2 or Division 3 of this year's VEC. This puts some pressure on the race, but we got to keep our heads cool.

Jan and I did quite some preparation, but every time I learn new things. As usual, I'll be racing with the Rift, which adds so much to the immersion of such a race. But it brings also some challenges: due to a bug, I can't see the drivers names in the game. This means I need to keep an eye on the lap progress bar while racing.

My goal for this race is to drive safely and consistently and bring the car home. I'm proud to be racing for RevolutionSimRacing!"
The Wayfaerer: "As for many other members in the 12h of Spa race, this is my first endurance event. I am a little pit nervous towards it but mostly excited to not be on my own for a race the first time.

Especially me and Jan were trying a lot of things on the Setup side to make the #36 car as competitive as possible and with a some luck and a mistake free race a good position is possible at the end.

I am really looking forward to work together with my teammates Elodyr and Kman as we had already a lot of fun during practice and we are all on pretty similar pace.

So let's go #36"

Elodyr: "The 12 h of Spa will be my first ever Endurance Race which is why I'm really excited. I was hit up by Blue Monkey and TheWayfaerer to participate after they heard I wanna get into rFactor 2. I'm gonna be driving with Wayfaerer and Kman who are more experienced drivers which gives me confidence and more motivation to push for a good result.

Sadly I wasn't able to be much of a help in setting up the car beside some small instances, but I hope I can be a good performer with the practice I did and we can show what we're able to do to our competition."
Battenberg: "This will be my 2nd endurance race at Spa in a GT3 car this year, although with a new game comes new challenges. Me and Si will be teaming up to attempt to survive the weather, prototype cars, and fatigue over 12 hours. A pesky hurricane is stopping our secret weapon @Tech_G from joining the GT3 crew, but with the assistance of his brilliant setup work we should be in good shape for a safe run to the flag."

Darksi: "As most of the other drivers in the team, this is my first endurance event. Really looking forward to it, unfortunately, we are down to a two man team due to this inconsiderate hurricane that is attacking our American friends.

Been working on the setup with Tech_g and Battenberg and been doing plenty of practice. Let's see what happens in race and how far up the field we can bring home car #70."

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best of luck to both teams!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck guys :cool:

(insert appropriate Airplane! clip here ---->)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Our new rFactor 2 section needs all support they can get, why not tune into their stream and wish them good luck. Let's go guys! :)

@Members

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I would, but I don't have rFactor 2, have never played it and have very little idea what it's even like. :confused:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With supporting I meant watching their stream and leave some nice words :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
5 hours in and @The Wayfaerer and @Battenberg are back behind the wheel, all technical issues now resolved and the rain has also come back again. Currently, Car#36 is running in 8th and car #70 is running in 21st

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Keep it up guys! I am watching you :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I will struggle for all the spare time I need to practice for races in iRacing and PC2 and the occasional bit of fun in Raceroom, I can't take on another sim too. If I was single it would be a different matter. I wish all those entering all the best and I will try and join the streams to give you support.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With a little bit less than 4 hours to go @FlyingKman is back behind the wheel now battling for 4th place after i was able to gain 3 spots in my last double stint.

#70 is also still running currently at P21 with @Darksi behind the wheel.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With 2 hours left to go @Elodyr is running #36, currently in 6th place and pushing, @Battenberg in car #70 is running in 21st place and closing.

Users who are viewing this thread